Monday, September 5, 2011

Speechless Writer


Wow, I am not sure what to name my feelings this evening. The speechless writer... I think I have been writing in isolation for so long that I had no idea how it would feel to be in a community of writers like the one that the participants in this campaign are building. When I was in writing groups many, many moons ago I often felt a sense of peace and support in the work but not always. The experience of interacting with writers here on the interweb is so lush. I think I am most moved by the generosity of spirit, people really reaching out to each other to share the depth that accompanies being a writer. We are a really diverse group of people if my glimpses at some bios is any indication and yet here we are offering tips, advice, positive feedback and most of all understanding of what it is like to answer the siren call of writing. Gratitude just wells up in my heart...thank you.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jodi Su. I think you've just beautifully summed up what quite a few of us are feeling. I'm glad we've all found a common place to cheer each other on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how I feel. Which is why I nominated you for a blog award over on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Yvie...waht is a blog award. I am super new at this...tell me...please! {Jumping and smilng}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodie, I went to your blog and found out...yes! and big smile :)

    ReplyDelete